AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register


AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!
 
HomeCalendarUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Jap91's Gt-Fx 20valve Corolla トヨタ・カローラ
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:27 pm by Jap91

» OEM A Pillar Map Light
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:33 am by Jap91

» AE101 Dashboard Removal
Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:26 am by gold94corolla

» RARE JDM OEM PARTS
Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:26 pm by Argew24

» Levin SS Twinpots on Stock E10 Mac Hub
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:17 pm by Hiro

» Breaking black GXI
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:34 pm by AE102GXI

» MY AE111 SPRINTER CARIB BZ TOURING WARGON
Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:26 am by ksus

» cluster issue. help
Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:46 am by Prio

» JDM Differences
Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:25 am by Hiro

» Tom's Steering Wheel
Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:45 pm by PunkSinatra

» Charlene the AE102
Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:22 am by Hiro

» COROLLA GXI
Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:06 pm by K20VFX

» 205/50 R16
Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:20 pm by c0d3br34k3r

» 4AFE Breather Hose blocked off
Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:21 pm by TheTree

» removing A240L AUTO TRANS FROM AE92
Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:06 am by Shaun Morgan

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 104 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:23 pm
Top posters
miib14 (7347)
 
gold94corolla (5270)
 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1802)
 
MirrorEyes (1556)
 
magweal (1410)
 
Sgt_Lyna (1247)
 
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
 
Corolla Sound (1106)
 
knite (1105)
 
Argew24 (1042)
 
Statistics
We have 3597 registered users
The newest registered user is OliverWong

Our users have posted a total of 42351 messages in 2925 subjects
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!

Share | 
 

 4A-GE (20v) Blacktop Conversion **Info Needed**

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Robbiemulc17
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 234
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2012-08-16
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: 4A-GE (20v) Blacktop Conversion **Info Needed**   Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:36 am

Hi guys, Iv'e been thinking about doing a conversion on my Ae101 and I think I'll go with a 20v Blacktop once I can source a good Blacktop engine here. Anyone have info as too the work required etc... would be a great help. thanks!
Back to top Go down
magweal
New Zealand Rep
New Zealand Rep
avatar

Posts : 1410
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2011-12-14
Age : 34
Location : Auckland, New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: 4A-GE (20v) Blacktop Conversion **Info Needed**   Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:23 am

Looks like I'll be busy tonight.
I'll write up a quick how to when I get home
Back to top Go down
Robbiemulc17
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 234
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2012-08-16
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: 4A-GE (20v) Blacktop Conversion **Info Needed**   Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:32 pm

magweal wrote:
Looks like I'll be busy tonight.
I'll write up a quick how to when I get home

thanks  Smile 
Back to top Go down
magweal
New Zealand Rep
New Zealand Rep
avatar

Posts : 1410
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2011-12-14
Age : 34
Location : Auckland, New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: 4A-GE (20v) Blacktop Conversion **Info Needed**   Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:42 pm

So I guess you'll need
BT engine
Loom & ECU
Engine mounts
Possible gearbox (i suggest a C56)
Clutch

First things first. What engine do you have at the moment??
If you have a 4afe you already have the mounts and box that will bolt straight on, but you will need to get a BT clutch as the 4afe 1 is to small.
You need to get the engine loom and ECU, if you can get one for the ae101 even better. I'm not sure how the wiring is set for the EUDM model but with the jap cars the ae101 BT loom will plug straight into the body looms.
If your unable to find one you'll need to send away the BT and your existing loom to get them joined into one, if you or a mate are good with wiring then your sorted.
Not much more to it unless your running a different engine and box?

If it doesn't make sense let me know.
Back to top Go down
Robbiemulc17
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 234
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2012-08-16
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: 4A-GE (20v) Blacktop Conversion **Info Needed**   Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:14 pm

magweal wrote:
So I guess you'll need
BT engine
Loom & ECU
Engine mounts
Possible gearbox (i suggest a C56)
Clutch

First things first. What engine do you have at the moment??
If you have a 4afe you already have the mounts and box that will bolt straight on, but you will need to get a BT clutch as the 4afe 1 is to small.
You need to get the engine loom and ECU, if you can get one for the ae101 even better. I'm not sure how the wiring is set for the EUDM model but with the jap cars the ae101 BT loom will plug straight into the body looms.
If your unable to find one you'll need to send away the BT and your existing loom to get them joined into one, if you or a mate are good with wiring then your sorted.
Not much more to it unless your running a different engine and box?

If it doesn't make sense let me know.

At the moment I'm running the 4afe what I'm hoping is to come across a cheap Jap Levin here in Ireland buy it and use the parts from it but it's to get a nice clean one is the thing i'm in no rush to do it so i'll take my time looking for one. Thanks for the info had an idea that's what needed to be done, why c56 and not c160? just curious  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
magweal
New Zealand Rep
New Zealand Rep
avatar

Posts : 1410
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2011-12-14
Age : 34
Location : Auckland, New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: 4A-GE (20v) Blacktop Conversion **Info Needed**   Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:42 am

Sweet so you've already got the mounts, I'm not sure how the wiring is for the Euro's.
Could you take a shot of where the engine loom joins the dash loom just under the cup holders under the tray.

The C56 is much easier to find and will drop right in with the factroy mount from the C52 were as with the C160 has its own mount, the ECU is also different for the C160 it is tuned to be nicer due to fragile nature of the 160 they are said to not like it when the are used for track and are weaker.

BUUUUTTTTTTT I have had a couple of the C160's with a quite abit of abuse thrown at it them and never had a problem with them.
Back to top Go down
Robbiemulc17
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 234
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2012-08-16
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: 4A-GE (20v) Blacktop Conversion **Info Needed**   Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:55 am

magweal wrote:
Sweet so you've already got the mounts, I'm not sure how the wiring is for the Euro's.
Could you take a shot of where the engine loom joins the dash loom just under the cup holders under the tray.

The C56 is much easier to find and will drop right in with the factroy mount from the C52 were as with the C160 has its own mount, the ECU is also different for the C160 it is tuned to be nicer due to fragile nature of the 160 they are said to not like it when the are used for track and are weaker.

BUUUUTTTTTTT I have had a couple of the C160's with a quite abit of abuse thrown at it them and never had a problem with them.

I don't know for sure about the loom I'll try get a pic maybe tomorrow and throw it up here, ya handier to go with the C56 then... and thanks for all the info much appreciated  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Skorp
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 256
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: 4A-GE (20v) Blacktop Conversion **Info Needed**   Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:42 pm

How is the USDM ae101 loom compared to a JDM car then?
Do any of you guys know a good thread where someone shows where the loom gets done?
Back to top Go down
Snake
New Member
New Member
avatar

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-01
Location : Christchurch

PostSubject: Re: 4A-GE (20v) Blacktop Conversion **Info Needed**   Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:03 pm

Are the 5A mounts the same as well ?
Back to top Go down
magweal
New Zealand Rep
New Zealand Rep
avatar

Posts : 1410
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2011-12-14
Age : 34
Location : Auckland, New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: 4A-GE (20v) Blacktop Conversion **Info Needed**   Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:15 am

Snake wrote:
Are the 5A mounts the same as well ?
No they are different
Back to top Go down
magweal
New Zealand Rep
New Zealand Rep
avatar

Posts : 1410
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2011-12-14
Age : 34
Location : Auckland, New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: 4A-GE (20v) Blacktop Conversion **Info Needed**   Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:17 am

Skorp wrote:
How is the USDM ae101 loom compared to a JDM car then?
Do any of you guys know a good thread where someone shows where the loom gets done?

I'm not sure how the USDM loom is different or if it even is but I know the NZDM is different so based on the JDM friendlyness here the US loom would be different
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 4A-GE (20v) Blacktop Conversion **Info Needed**   

Back to top Go down
 
4A-GE (20v) Blacktop Conversion **Info Needed**
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AE101 Owners Club :: AE101 Tech: DIYs, Q&A :: Engine & Fuelling-
Jump to: